Experience the ultimate immersive viewing experience, with the launch of the Philips AmbiLux system, which frees images from the boundaries of the television set, extending light and motion as never before.
AmbiLux represents a new pinnacle for the existing award-winning Philips Ambilight system, which uses LEDs on the rear of the TV to create a coloured halo of light on the wall behind. The continually changing colours precisely match the on-screen content to create the impression of a much larger image and to provide a more enjoyable viewing experience.
The new AmbiLux technology takes this concept to a whole new level, with actual on-screen images now also displayed – and extended up to three meters – behind the set by using nine pico-projectors, each precisely positioned on the rear of the AmbiLux TV. The Philips AmbiLux 4K Ultra HD TV also has four times the resolution of a conventional Full HD TV with the unique Ultra Resolution upscaling technology ensuring that all images, regardless of the original source, are reproduced in stunning 4K resolution on your screen.
The AmbiLux is beautifully engineered to maintain a razor-slim, elegant form. European design and authentic, premium materials ensure a high quality finish with the ultra-narrow bezel achieving a seamless connection to the Ambilight halo, and the polished chrome Bladewire stand creating a light, floating appearance. The sophisticated design allows the AmbiLux to effortlessly enhance even the most stylish of interiors.
- Revolutionary Philips AmbiLux system frees the image from the television and brings the screen’s action to life on the wall, surrounding the TV.
- Ambilight moves up to the next level thanks to nine rear mounted pico-projectors extending the on-screen image in great detail and contrast
- TV features an ultra-narrow bezel to ensure the sharp, detailed 4K Ultra HD image seamlessly connects with the AmbiLux projection effect, providing a totally immersive TV experience never seen before.
- The Philips AmbiLux TV is powered by Android TV TM and certified by Google, giving access to all TV orientated apps, services, and content in the Google Play Store while also complementing the existing Philips Smart TV offering. Effortless operation and fast navigation is possible thanks to powerful Hex Core processing and an advanced remote control with QWERTY keyboard, swipe pad and speech recognition technology.
- The AmbiLux experience also brings a new dimension to gaming with the 8901 featuring a special dedicated game mode which both reduces processing lag within the set to the bare minimum - for instant in-game response - while maintaining smooth, judder free motion. Whether playing directly from a console or console quality games – from leading companies such as Gamefly, Chillingo and Gameloft - all streamed from the cloud via Philips Android TV platform, the 8901 adds a special, more dynamic and intense Ambilight performance, to take immersive game playing to whole new level.
- Integration with the popular Philips Hue Smart Lighting takes Ambilight even further by providing a whole room experience for total 360° immersion.
The 65-inch Philips 65PUS8901 AmbiLux TV has been available since the end of March, exclusive to Harrods, priced at £3999.
George R Vaughan